Sunday, September 20, 2009

ÖCALAN: I have suspicions that the 'Kurdish Expansion' is a trap

Submitted by Tsiatsan on Sunday, September 20 2009
löjl
güncelKurdish Info 20.09.2009-Assessing the democratic expansion project Öcalan said, “I have been waiting since I handed over my road map. The recent developments have added to my suspicions. I have fears, suspicions, can this problem be solved? I can’t say I can’t be sure. On one side there are the arrests (towards the DTP) and operations, on the other they are saying we are making expansions. I can’t be sure whether this is an expansion project, a purge, a trap, a fraudulency or a solution. The Kurdish people should also try and comprehend. The Prime Minister’s position is evident; he is throwing the ball outside the court. They are delaying as if in a training session. I don’t know if the Prime Minister’s and AKP are strong enough for this…”
THE TERMS OF DISARMAMENT ARE IN THE ROAD MAP
Referring to his road map Öcalan commented, “It is important that the road map for a solution and peace reaches the people, democrats and different parties. In the road map I handled the issues of democratisation in Turkey and a democratic solution of the problem in Kurdistan. I also addressed the terms of disarmament.”

THERE IS A ‘DEEP POWER’ IN TURKEY
“There is a deep power in Turkey that is keeping everything under control. This isn’t the Gladio that we all know, it is different. What this power wants to do with the Kurds, with me is still unclear. The position of the Kurds is like that of a 15 year old girl who has been tricked… My being brought here is also the work of this deep power. They are trying to portray my position as a fight between Turks and Kurds. Using my position they are trying to take the Kurds and Turks prisoner, fight them against each other, and rule the country.” Said Öcalan.

THE IDEOLOGY OF TURKISM WAS CREATED BY FOUR NON-TURKS
 “The ideology of Turkism was created by four non-Turks. Two of them were Kurds, one an Arab and the other Jewish. I call this ideology the ‘White Turks ideology.’ There is no Turk within it, but there is Turk inside its ideology…”

THEY ARE TRYING TO RID THE DTP OF THE PKK
 “These operations against the DTP are aimed at ridding it of the PKK and integrating it into the system. For this reason the DTP must be careful, see these games clearly, form their defence strategies and use their democratic protest rights… The DTP must see the situation and discuss it. Ahmet Turk is good, a patriot, he can take the process to a point but must be careful and protect himself well. Adolf Hitler had a method of extermination, he used to begin with the ‘normal’ people, but this process used to deepen and higher ranked people were killed. Ahmet could be last. This is the method Fascism uses, they must be careful.”

OUR HISTORY IS BEING DESTROYED BY DAMS
“A serious number of dams are being constructed in Dersim and Botan. These dams are destroying our history and culture. Your three hundred million dollar project is destroying our history and habitat. All democratic protest rights must be used against this and a big fuss must be created. They must be told: ‘Take your three hundred million and keep it and don’t ruin our nature.’ The valleys in Dersim, those places are the first beds of humanity, it is history. Destroying those valleys means destroying life. They are saying that the dams are being made to cut off the passages for guerrillas. Can history be destroyed for this? This is savagery.”

PEACE WILL COME, BUT IT WILL BE ARDUOUS
 “How are these battles occurring? They are asking for deaths with these operations, they are driving the soldiers on to the guerrilla; do they (the army) want the deaths of the soldiers? It is legitimate for them (the guerrilla) to defend themselves according to international law. The death of young people upsets me a lot. I am upset for young soldiers and young guerrillas. We are struggling so that these deaths do not occur. I am not very optimistic. We are waiting, previously April was important, and then May and now I have seen it in the papers, they are saying ‘September is important.’ Peace will come, but it will be arduous. But when it comes it will be very meaningful and very beautiful, it will be a great peace. I am here; this is all I can do. My opportunities are limited, but I am trying to keep myself lively, I would like to have been with my people.”
Source: Kurdish Info